Wednesday 2 May 2012

High Technology

Finally my life is complete. Not only do I have a usb stick on a keyring, but it also has a badger on it.


You may also note that the accompanying PC has a Zip250 drive. These were once considered the pinnacle of mobile file storage but now they are sweetly quaint. In this particular case it is also broken. Still, it covers what would otherwise by a hole in my pc case.

Speaking of high tech gizmos I've been doing a bit of Android gaming. Although most games on Android are unbearable crap, the sort of thing to make you despair and weep and gnash your teeth, there are some good ones. I have been playing Lil Kingdom:


In which you make a castle but burrowing down into the ground. The residents are also a thoughtful and cultured lot:


Basically you earn coins for building floors, stocking the floors with goods to sell and for doing quests. It's quite perfectly crafted to be addictive and manipulative but I really like the art style. My obsession with it has gone off the boil a bit now but I'm still dipping in.

Still carrying on with Mass Effect. Prompted by Fish Tank Girl (http://fishtankgirl.blogspot.co.uk/) I discovered that there is a memorial wall in my ship's crew quarters. It's.. running low on space:


Otherwise I've been carrying on, doing my best to avoid a diplomatic mission. Let's see.. Oh, you may want to meet my new doctor:


She's the previously-mentioned French hippy. I can't realistically have the same confidence in her that I had in Chakwas - she simply doesn't have the authority. Still, I wasn't exactly innundated with volunteers and ship must have doc. I also have a new comms offiicer who is a cockney.

Some other old faces have turned up. Had a mission with Jack, she seems to be taking to being a teacher. And when I went to visit Kaiden in hospital I ran into:


Thane! He is handling his sickness stoicly. I wish there was more I could do to help.

Following the diplomatic mission I ran into this delight:


Mordin! He slipped me some information regarding the.. the Genophage suffering people. The name of the species totally escapes me for now. I ended up in his lab after firmly defending the rights of the aforementioned species and am aiming to cure the Genophage once and for all. The Sularian ambassador called me a bully for shouting at him :(

No comments:

Post a Comment