Friday 24 August 2012

Rat Playground

Of course, it's not all bread, bread, bread. In preparation for the incoming baby, we'd been given (or bought, I lose track of all the stuff) a Moses basket. No stand, though, so Fran scoured ebay and other sources and we eventually found one. It also came with a Moses basket which seemed handy. Unfortunately, the basket was a bit crushed in one corner and so we weren't too happy about using that one for the baby - especially as we already had a perfectly good intact one.

Well, I say unfortunately.

RAT MOSES BASKET PLAYHOUSE:


Yes, there truly is a use for slightly damaged Moses baskets. I felt that they maybe needed a bit of an explore and I was a bit idle one evening so.. We have egg boxes, Ikea children's storage things and a hanging metal ball with shrimp biscuits in.

First up was the girls, with the exception of Sansa - I'm still trying to get her to trust me and it's going well, other than a single little bite. I think dragging her out of the cage and throwing her into a basket might set her back a bit.

Here's Arya, poking her head up:


This is Broken Sword, she was the most effective at trying to escape:


And last but not least, the delicate and slightly nervy Beneath a Steel Sky:


She's crawling over an upside-down storage thing that's lashed to the base of the basket at a few points. Some treats are hidden under it and the girls didn't take very long figuring out how to get at them.

I then got some of the boys in (after removing the girls, I'm not stupid). Here's the two Bongo Fury boys:

No More Mr Nice Guy:


And Awkward Customer:


Awkward Customer remains endearingly loopy.

They all seemed to enjoy the play.

2 comments:

  1. Shrimp biscuits sound kinda good.

    Also the Captchas to leave comments are madness - it just asked me to type a picture

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't try one myself but the shrimp biscuits were definitely popular. Awkward Customer got hold of one and was going frantic trying to make sure nobody else noticed.

    ReplyDelete