Friday 24 August 2012

The Grand Breadxperiment - Allinson's Easy Bake Yeast

Today we look at Allinson Easy Bake Yeast. This is another one with improvers and so on but doesn't seem to contain anything more suspect than Vitamin C.


Strictly doesn't need activating but went for it anyway. Significant foam:


Had a bit of a job bringing the dough together and so had to give it a lot of force in the kneading to get the final nice smooth dough:


I did also lose the timings a bit as I was making another loaf but I wasn't too far off. Rose like mad:


Once knocked back and shaped it rose madly for the second time:


As I had some cheese left over from a bolognese I chucked it on top and baked:


Colliers cheese is very tasty in this way, I'll probably use it for a cheese and bacon loaf.

Final result - excellent texture, very soft but not doughy.


No comments:

Post a Comment