Thursday 26 April 2012

Here me, now.

The number of emails I have received asking when the next blog post will appear is literally uncountable. Here it is, at last.

First thing to notice, blogger has a totally new layout on its backend - it's all HTML fivey. Nice and all, but seems overengineered.

But back to business.

The weekend was mostly spent doing yet more tidying. I don't believe I even cooked anything. The house is now looking neat and tidy, for a given value of neat/tidy. Getting there though.

In rat news - we have two new 'uns. When out shopping we popped into Pets at Home - this is always a risk - to check their rescue section. Occasionally they have rats alone in the cages and it's just too sad to leave them. On this occasion there was a single male - he was fairly jittery and gave me a bit of a bite but we couldn't take him as we've got two new males coming to us soon anyway. They did, however, have two girls. After a quick intro we decided to grab them to accompany our current two girls. Here they be:


The silver is named 'Beneath a Steel Sky' and the black&white is 'Broken Sword'. Alternatively known as Steel/Sky/Sword. They are dumbo rats and Steel has a short tail, possibly as a result of some accident. They're getting along ok with us and are curious and pretty active. Sword is unscarable whilst Sky is a bit cautious. Slowly bringing them along and we plan to move them in with Arya and Sansa at the weekend. They've already met Arya as we got them out to have an explore but I wasn't able to retrieve Sansa - she remains outright terrified of us. I'm hoping that she'll improve once she's gotten more to play with. Sansa and Arya aren't very active and curious at the moment but I get the feeling that's due to Sansa's terror. As Sansa doesn't do very much, Arya must be pretty unstimulated and bored and so also doesn't do that much. A couple of newbies for them to play with might make all the difference.

The weekend also saw the construction of Rat Palace:


The Savic Royale Suite for the boys. It's a little big for them really but should be a good fit once we have the two new ones. It has great access - the whole front of the cage opens - and is on two floors. The two floors can even be isolated if you wanted to have two cohorts. Will be really handy for cleaning as we can isolate one floor, cleanout the other and then repeat. Alternatively if we have some that don't get along we can do the same. They love it in there, they're are much more active now. We have them up with us in the computer room though, so they may just be more active so they can get my attention and hence receive food. Who knows.


I completed Mass Effect 2 with the above results. In case you were wondering, the deaths were Legion (NOOOO!) and Miranda (shrug). I didn't even realise Miranda had died at first, such is my ambivalence. I've now started Mass Effect 3 and there have been terrible events:


The Earth is under attack by baddies! My goal is to go around the galaxy and recruit enough help to go and sort them out, as well as make a big gun to shoot at them.


Stop bombarding Earth, will you?! Sheesh. I haven't gotten into it that much so far due to lack of time. I have, however, recruited a new doctor as Chakwas died. The new one is French and a bit of a hippy. Her medical advice so far is that I should do nice things to reduce my stress and let my scars heal. Thanks.

Another game played is Dota2.


Above is shown one of the main issues. THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T BLOODY LOAD! Tch. Once I got into the game I chose a druid thing who can transform into a bear as well as having a bear pet. Clumsy to control that.


There is bear-me and bear having a fight. We won the first game once I got the hang of it but I can't see me playing it much. Given that it's basically the same as League of Legends but that has a nicer interface, better art style (if inferior graphics) and is one I'm already used to then this is a bit redundant. Furthermore, Dota2 has annoyingly shouty things like on Smash TV or something. "M-m-m-mmmonster kill!!" and silly gamer language. People are 'pwned'. The actual official parlance says as much. I know that Dota2 is technically more closely aligned to the 'original' version but I don't care enough about such philosophical matters.

That covers some of the things that have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment