Thursday 10 March 2011

Much the same

One of the major problems of playing on the DS is the narrow angle of view of the screens.The result of this is that you have to have the screens pointing fairly directly at you and whenever the screen blacks out for a scene change or something you get confronted with an image of your own face. For most people this probably isn't an issue but it does startle me somewhat. I'm a lot more tolerant of my face than I was - a single view used to generate a major depressive episode - but it still comes as a shock.

On the plus side, Pokemon is being pretty good. Today I did some stuffs like:


That's a free water pokemon that I got from someone in a park. I didn't have to do anything dodgy for it either. What he's doing there is defeating my first Gym Leader. The Gym Leader killed my Smugleaf for the first time so I had to fall back on a water pokemon as all my others were at a stupidly low level. I've been too keen on getting Smugleaf up to bother with the others but I'm now working on some sort of firey puppy.

Don't know if I'm really getting the hang of the combat. There's lots of buffs and debuffs and I don't know when they are worth using. No barrier to success though:


A badge! I tried to get a picture of the badge spinning on the screen but I didn't grab the camera in time.

Popped onto EVE for a bit but couldn't really be arsed. Turned out I missed some Drake kills. A Drake is:


There are many like it but that Drake is mine. They're great ships. Don't do a huge amount of damage but they have silly range on their weapons and can take a mad amount of damage. Before I logged on, the corp had used one to trick another two into attacking it and then promptly killed the two attackers. That'll learn 'em.

Been trying to read a bit of Fear and Loathing in Lad Vegas. It's excellent, etc, but I might have lost interest. After the first few instances of madness it's just like, y'know, I get it. Maybe it's just me being fussy. On the train home I didn't even read at all, I just did some Pokemonning.

Work involved clearing up a room. Nothing too thrilling but it will at least be used for something decent. The room is going to contain a microscope that allows you to scan a slide in and then digitally navigate the images with a Google Earth-type interface. It's snazzy. We're going to charge people to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment