Friday 11 March 2011

Wise Man

I've been skimming through some forum posts about The Wise Man's Fear that I read recently and it's just incredible how in-depth some people go into these fantasy books. I could help chuckling at the following exchange:

Poster 1: Maybe it's because copper is more effective against the Fae [otherworldly fairy types]
Poster 2: More effective than iron? I don't think so.

And then there's a huge amount of stuff I missed. It's great that people can be obsessive about so many different things. There's discussions on the difficulties of changing a name, what is in a mysterious unopened box and all sorts. Theories, wild speculations, intense debate.

All I did was read it.

Starting to enjoy Fear and Loathing more too purely due to it having a few more lines from the film that make me smile. Hunter S. Thompson's rotten attorney Doctor Gonzo has gone. He must have sensed trouble.

Been doing some more tidying up and here is the finished cleared future microscopy and imaging room:


We've got to fix those blackout blinds and I've now also scrubbed the tables. Tried scrubbing the walls but it was far too much of a massive task.

I need Lightroom on this work PC, putting images up without it to fiddle about with them is much more of a chore. I've convinced work to order me a copy though.

Here's the prep room:


This has to be sorted at some point as it is absolute bloody goddamn chaos. All manner of chemicals and suspicious unidentified bottles. It'll need great care, but hopefully it'll be somebody other than me who is taking that care. I want no part of it.

Not sure what's happening for the rest of the day now. I know there will be a beef madras made in the fullness of time. I'll keep an eye out for something interesting to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment